Atlantis Medical Wellness Center
Health & Wellness Helper Scholarship, 2021
At the Atlantis Medical Wellness Center, we base our practice on functional medicine to help our patients with medical wellness and weight loss, as well as to provide them with other innovative procedures and therapies designed to help people to feel good about themselves and to help them attain overall better physical and psychological health and wellness. While our founder and Medical Director, Dr. Michael Gonzalez, was drawn to being a physician because he loves the human body and studying it through physiology, nutrition and medicine, this is not the key reason he was drawn to the kind of medicine and wellness practices he provides to his patients.
The catalyst that ultimately brought Dr. Gonzalez to pursue his career in providing medical, health, and wellness help and services to those who need it was that at 22 years-old, he was diagnosed with cancer and had half of his face removed and replaced. It was this experience, as well as a seed that was planted by his brilliant surgeon who had become a friend, that made him completely shift his focus (from flying airplanes) to studying medicine and other fields relevant to it, health and wellness.
Dr. Gonzalez and his dedicated staff feel fortunate that they get to do the work they do of helping to improve the health and wellness of their patients through medicine, nutrition, and other health and wellness procedures and therapies. Dr. Gonzalez knows through hard work and personal experiences that a person’s self-image is often how they present themselves to the world and for this, it is important to help people to see and value themselves both inside and out. To this end, he has created the Atlantis Medical Wellness Center’s, Health & Wellness Helper Scholarship, 2021, to support the education of a student who has a similar mindset of wanting to help people achieve their optimal health and wellness.
- This scholarship is open to any student who is currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate, graduate, or professional program in the United States. This includes accredited community college students as well as high school seniors and students who possess a GED who have been accepted to or are enrolled in an accredited program.
- The scholarship applicant must show their dedication to wanting to help others to achieve health and wellness as an integral part of their career/work goals. This should be explained in their essay by telling the reader what their past achievements and goals have been, as well as their current and future goals and how their education will help them to achieve these.
- All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above.
Answer the following questions and prompt in an essay of 1,000 words or less:
- What experience or experiences have most informed your desire to help people with health and wellness?
- In what ways do you plan to help people in the future to achieve optimum health and wellness? If you already have accomplishments in this area, please explain.
- What are your ultimate academic goals and how will they help you to achieve your career/work goals?
- Updated resume
- Essay, 1,000 word maximum. See essay questions above.
- Current unofficial transcript
Friday, August 20, 2021
All application materials must be submitted by the above date to email@example.com
Award Announcement: Monday, September 20, 2021
Scholarship Amount: $1,000
If you have any questions, please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org