Physician Directed hCG Weight Loss Program in Maryland, Virginia, & Washington, DC
The hCG Protocol should not be thought of as a diet. In general, diets tend to have variability that does not address a change in metabolism. The purpose of the hCG Protocol is to improve metabolism, detoxify the body, and educate the patient on how different foods affect the body, so that they can maintain their weight loss after the protocol has ended.
Developed in the 1950’s by British endocrinologist, Dr. A.T.W. Simeons, the hCG Protocol was designed to improve obese patients’ metabolism thus allowing for weight loss. When a patient practiced improved dietary habits, it was found that the weight loss was generally maintained.
The protocol is short – 39 days – and strict, yet it is simple. It is not for every patient. The hCG Protocol, however, when administered under a doctor’s supervision, is an effective and safe method of weight loss and metabolism improvement for individuals who otherwise cannot lose weight.
If you are interested in learning more about the hCG Protocol, and if you would be a good candidate for the program, please call 301-622-2722 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Gonzalez. We’ve provided some Frequently Asked Questions on the hCG Protocol below:
- What is hCG? HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) is a hormone that is produced in high amounts during pregnancy to allow the fetus to survive. hCG is often used for fertility problems in women, increased athletic performance, pain management and a weight loss protocol.
- Is hCG safe? The hCG Protocol is a safe and effective method of weight loss and metabolism improvement for those individuals who cannot otherwise lose weight. The protocol should be administered by a physician.
- How does it work? In the protocol, hCG is used once each day and is combined with a strict, very low calorie diet (VLCD) of 500 to 700 calories. The hCG acts as an appetite suppressant and allows for the body to tap into and utilize the stored fat as a source of energy and nutrition. The hCG hormone plays a vital role in providing nutrients to the growing fetus.
- Is it safe for people with diabetes and other health conditions? Under the direct supervision of an experienced physician the protocol has been shown to improve the disease process, decreased the need for medications and in some cases, even eliminated the need for medications. Diabetes, hypertension, elevated cholesterol are among some of the disease processes that this has worked for.
- Do I need special foods for the protocol? There are no special foods required for the hCG Protocol. You may eat the regular proteins and fruits and vegetables you normally would. All foods should be 100 percent organic.
- What are the benefits of following this diet? Sustained weight loss and an improved change to your metabolism over a short period of time. The decreased need for medications is another benefit.
- How much of a commitment is the diet? The hCG Protocol requires a 100 percent commitment from the patient during the entire 39 days of the program.
- What type of results can I expect to see? How soon? Patients on the hCG Protocol can expect, on average, a weight loss of a half pound a day. At the conclusion of the 39-day program, most patients experience an average weight loss of 15-20 pounds that is sustained.
- What are some of the side effects? Infrequently, some patients experience temporary side effects of hunger without starvation, dry skin, constipation, and very rarely reversible hair loss. During the four years I have been administering the hCG Protocol to my patients, I have not recorded one long-term side effect.
- Can I use the over the counter liquid hCG Diet I’ve seen advertised? hCG drops that can be purchased online or in retail stores are not recommended. Many of these products contain the usual ingredients found in over-the-counter weight loss supplements: caffeine, argenine, green tea, guanine, etc. However, none include the actual hCG hormone and are therefore ineffective.
Atlantis Medical Wellness Center is the only medical center in Maryland that has direct physician supervision and strict adherence in providing Dr. Simeons' hCG Weight Loss Protocol.
Your hCG diet experience at our MD center will be customized to best help you meet your weight loss goals.
For additional reading on the hCG Protocol, please click HERE for DrG’s position paper on the weight loss program.
NOTE: This is not associated with telemarketer Kevin Trudeau. hCG is not approved by the FDA for weight loss. However, hCG has been used safely and effectively in thousands of patients. It is not for everyone and the protocol must be followed strictly as recommended.
Other Related Resources