Cosmetic Procedures Silver Spring, MD
At Atlantis Medical Wellness & Weight Loss Center, people often come to us about cosmetic procedures Silver Spring, MD residents rely on for quality services. Botox specifically is a cosmetic procedure that can yield many benefits, perhaps more than you may have even realized. Maybe your friend or family member got botox done, or you have seen an ad for it on social media. There is a reason that so many people in Maryland turn to botox for certain flaws or symptoms, as it is a testament of its effective nature. Whether you have received botox before or are interested in learning more, we are always happy to answer your questions!
Issues Treated Through Botox
We understand that if you have never gotten botox done before, that you may be nervous about what to expect. Rest assured that we can explain the process from start to finish, and address your concerns before the procedure begins. Of course, we will need to do a brief consultation just to make sure that botox is the right procedure for you. Some of the most common issues that can be alleviated through botox cosmetic procedures in Silver Spring, Maryland include:
- Smile Lines: Being happy is a good thing, however, when we start to observe lines and wrinkles near the lower portion of the face, this can have an impact on our overall self-esteem. These lines can be softened with injections of botox.
- Excessive Sweating: By injection botox to areas where excessive sweating is happening, such as the armpits, the nerves that control sweat glands can be blocked from sending signals.
- Facial Linkes and Wrinkles: Folds, lines, and wrinkles that pop up on the upper area of the face, such as brow lines and Crow’s feet, can be minimized with botox injections. This solution can help relax the tissues and muscles underneath, smoothing surface lines. Patients who have very deep lines may recommend an injectable filler along with botox treatment for the most effecting and appealing results.
- Migraines: A non-cosmetic application for injections of botox includes providing patients relief from migraines. The botox solution enters nerve endings and blocks them from being able to release chemicals that transmit the pain associated with migraines. This can be a great option for people who suffer from migraines on a recurring basis and have yet to find a reliable treatment solution.
Call Atlantis Medical Wellness & Weight Loss Center Today
Our clinic is proud to offer a solution for people who are looking for a boost in self-confidence and feeling good about their appearance. As we age, it is only natural that we gain wrinkles and imperfections. After all, we are only human! But this doesn’t mean that we cannot take action to present the best selves that we imagine when we look in the mirror. Call Atlantis Atlantis Medical Wellness Center today to speak with us about Silver Spring cosmetic procedures in MD!
What Is the Difference Between Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Procedures in Silver Spring, MD?
Many people think that plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures are the same thing. While they are both related specialties, they are not the same. Although they both have the goal of improving the patient’s body, cosmetic procedures and plastic surgery actually have different goals.
The entire focus on cosmetic procedures is to enhance the appearance of the patient. Cosmetic procedures are usually performed on the head, neck, and body, with the goal of improving the patient’s aesthetic appeal. Cosmetic procedures in Silver Spinrg, MD are classified as elective and can be performed by doctors from an array of medical specialties, including plastic surgeons. Some of the more common types of cosmetic procedures available at Atlantis Medical Wellness Center include:
- PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy for Vampire Breast Lift, Vampire Facelift, and Vampire Facial
- Collagen-based dermal filler (Bellafill®) to help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face.
- Botox for lines on your forehead or around your eyes
- Non-surgical body contouring (SculpSure) which targets and destroys targeted fat cells without affecting the skin’s surface. Downtime in as little as 25 minutes.
Plastic surgery, on the other hand, is usually performed with the goal of reconstruction of the face or body in order to correct some type of defect. These defects can be a result of trauma, birth defects, or illness, such as breast reconstruction, burn repair, cleft palate, and scarring.
Many plastic surgeons do obtain additional training in order to be able to perform cosmetic surgery. While many patients choose cosmetic surgery in order to enhance their physical appearance, these procedures are much more invasive than cosmetic procedures. Some of the more common types of cosmetic surgeries include:
- Breast enhancement (lift, augmentation, or reduction)
- Eyelid lift
- Cheek enhancement
- Brow lift
- Neck lift
Call Our Office Today
If you have been considering a cosmetic procedure in Silver Spring, MD, call Atlantis Medical Wellness Center to learn more about the wide variety of procedures we offer. We will schedule a consultation with our Medical Director, Benjamin González, MD, better known as “Dr. G.” Dr. González is a board-certified physician with a background in molecular genetics and clinical nutrition, focusing on exercise nutrition and weight management. Dr. G has also been trained in advanced techniques of aesthetic and age management, functional medicine, integrative medicine, and hormone replacement therapy.
Common Myths About Botox
If you want to achieve a younger appearance, you may consider cosmetic procedures Silver Spring, MD residents trust, such as Botox. It’s one of the most common non-invasive aesthetic procedures and can improve your appearance. However, there are still many myths about the procedure, such as:
- Botox is Toxic: Some people shy away from getting Botox because they believe it’s harmful to their health. While the treatment does include Botulinum toxin, it’s still non-toxic. It’s inserted directly into the muscles and isn’t absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Botox Injections Are Very Painful: Another common misconception about Botox injection is that they cause a lot of pain. Luckily, this isn’t the case. The needles are very fine, so you should only feel a slight pinch during the procedure. While the pinches can be slightly uncomfortable, they only last a few seconds. The technician will also apply a numbing cream beforehand to help decrease discomfort.
- Botox Only Works for Facial Lines and Wrinkles: It’s true that Botox is widely used to reduce the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles. However, those aren’t the only conditions it treats. Nowadays, Botox is used to treat a wide range of ailments, like excessive sweating, migraines, overactive bladders and eyelid muscle spasms.
- Botox is Only for Women: Botox is definitely one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in Silver Spring, MD for women. However, many men are also getting Botox injections to achieve a younger appearance. Men can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on their face and feel more confident about their appearance.
- Botox Make You Look Frozen: A common myth about Botox is that it will give you a frozen and emotionless appearance. However, as long as Botox is administered by a skilled technician, it looks completely natural and will give you a refreshed appearance.
- Botox Is Permanent: If you’re thinking about getting Botox, understand that the results won’t be permanent. Generally, Botox lasts between three and six months. After that amount of time has passed, movement in your muscles will return and fine lines and wrinkles will gradually reappear. Therefore, it will be an ongoing commitment to maintain the results.
- Botox Results Are Immediate: Unfortunately, you won’t see results immediately after getting Botox. Most people start to see a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles three to five days after the procedure. However, you likely won’t see your full results until 10 days after the treatment.