Cosmetic Procedures Silver Spring, MD
At Atlantis Medical Wellness & Weight Loss Center, people often come to us about cosmetic procedures Silver Spring, MD residents rely on for quality services. Botox specifically is a cosmetic procedure that can yield many benefits, perhaps more than you may have even realized. Maybe your friend or family member got botox done, or you have seen an ad for it on social media. There is a reason that so many people in Maryland turn to botox for certain flaws or symptoms, as it is a testament of its effective nature. Whether you have received botox before or are interested in learning more, we are always happy to answer your questions!
Issues Treated Through Botox
We understand that if you have never gotten botox done before, that you may be nervous about what to expect. Rest assured that we can explain the process from start to finish, and address your concerns before the procedure begins. Of course, we will need to do a brief consultation just to make sure that botox is the right procedure for you. Some of the most common issues that can be alleviated through botox cosmetic procedures in Silver Spring, Maryland include:
- Smile Lines: Being happy is a good thing, however, when we start to observe lines and wrinkles near the lower portion of the face, this can have an impact on our overall self-esteem. These lines can be softened with injections of botox.
- Excessive Sweating: By injection botox to areas where excessive sweating is happening, such as the armpits, the nerves that control sweat glands can be blocked from sending signals.
- Facial Lines and Wrinkles: Folds, lines, and wrinkles that pop up on the upper area of the face, such as brow lines and Crow’s feet, can be minimized with botox injections. This solution can help relax the tissues and muscles underneath, smoothing surface lines. Patients who have very deep lines may recommend an injectable filler along with botox treatment for the most effective and appealing results.
- Migraines: A non-cosmetic application for injections of botox includes providing patients relief from migraines. The botox solution enters nerve endings and blocks them from being able to release chemicals that transmit the pain associated with migraines. This can be a great option for people who suffer from migraines on a recurring basis and have yet to find a reliable treatment solution.
Call Atlantis Medical Wellness & Weight Loss Center Today
Our clinic is proud to offer a solution for people who are looking for a boost in self-confidence and feeling good about their appearance. As we age, it is only natural that we gain wrinkles and imperfections. After all, we are only human! But this doesn’t mean that we cannot take action to present the best selves that we imagine when we look in the mirror. Call Atlantis Atlantis Medical Wellness Center today to speak with us about Silver Spring cosmetic procedures in MD!
What Is the Difference Between Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Procedures in Silver Spring, MD?
Many people think that plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures are the same things. While they are both related specialties, they are not the same. Although they both have the goal of improving the patient’s body, cosmetic procedures and plastic surgery actually have different goals.
The entire focus on cosmetic procedures is to enhance the appearance of the patient. Cosmetic procedures are usually performed on the head, neck, and body, with the goal of improving the patient’s aesthetic appeal. Cosmetic procedures in Silver Spring, MD are classified as elective and can be performed by doctors from an array of medical specialties, including plastic surgeons. Some of the more common types of cosmetic procedures available at Atlantis Medical Wellness Center include:
- PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy for Vampire Breast Lift, Vampire Facelift, and Vampire Facial
- Collagen-based dermal filler (Bellafill®) to help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face.
- Botox for lines on your forehead or around your eyes
- Non-surgical body contouring (SculpSure) which targets and destroys targeted fat cells without affecting the skin’s surface. Downtime in as little as 25 minutes.
Plastic surgery, on the other hand, is usually performed with the goal of reconstruction of the face or body in order to correct some type of defect. These defects can be a result of trauma, birth defects, or illness, such as breast reconstruction, burn repair, cleft palate, and scarring.
Many plastic surgeons do obtain additional training in order to be able to perform cosmetic surgery. While many patients choose cosmetic surgery in order to enhance their physical appearance, these procedures are much more invasive than cosmetic procedures. Some of the more common types of cosmetic surgeries include:
- Breast enhancement (lift, augmentation, or reduction)
- Eyelid lift
- Cheek enhancement
- Brow lift
- Neck lift
Call Our Office Today
If you have been considering a cosmetic procedure in Silver Spring, MD, call Atlantis Medical Wellness Center to learn more about the wide variety of procedures we offer. We will schedule a consultation with our Medical Director, Benjamin González, MD, better known as “Dr. G.” Dr. González is a board-certified physician with a background in molecular genetics and clinical nutrition, focusing on exercise nutrition and weight management. Dr. G has also been trained in advanced techniques of aesthetic and age management, functional medicine, integrative medicine, and hormone replacement therapy.
Common Myths About Botox
If you want to achieve a younger appearance, you may consider cosmetic procedures Silver Spring, MD residents trust, such as Botox. It’s one of the most common non-invasive aesthetic procedures and can improve your appearance. However, there are still many myths about the procedure, such as:
- Botox is Toxic: Some people shy away from getting Botox because they believe it’s harmful to their health. While the treatment does include Botulinum toxin, it’s still non-toxic. It’s inserted directly into the muscles and isn’t absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Botox Injections Are Very Painful: Another common misconception about Botox injections is that they cause a lot of pain. Luckily, this isn’t the case. The needles are very fine, so you should only feel a slight pinch during the procedure. While the pinches can be slightly uncomfortable, they only last a few seconds. The technician will also apply a numbing cream beforehand to help decrease discomfort.
- Botox Only Works for Facial Lines and Wrinkles: It’s true that Botox is widely used to reduce the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles. However, those aren’t the only conditions it treats. Nowadays, Botox is used to treat a wide range of ailments, like excessive sweating, migraines, overactive bladders, and eyelid muscle spasms.
- Botox is Only for Women: Botox is definitely one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in Silver Spring, MD for women. However, many men are also getting Botox injections to achieve a younger appearance. Men can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on their face and feel more confident about their appearance.
- Botox Make You Look Frozen: A common myth about Botox is that it will give you a frozen and emotionless appearance. However, as long as Botox is administered by a skilled technician, it looks completely natural and will give you a refreshed appearance.
- Botox Is Permanent: If you’re thinking about getting Botox, understand that the results won’t be permanent. Generally, Botox lasts between three and six months. After that amount of time has passed, movement in your muscles will return and fine lines and wrinkles will gradually reappear. Therefore, it will be an ongoing commitment to maintaining the results.
- Botox Results Are Immediate: Unfortunately, you won’t see results immediately after getting Botox. Most people start to see a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles three to five days after the procedure. However, you likely won’t see your full results until 10 days after the treatment.
Types of Cosmetic Procedures
It’s a fact of life that as we grow older, that age will show up on our faces. Although there are steps we can take to help minimize those lines, there is no way to completely stop these lines from forming. Fortunately, there are some options available to anyone who wants to soften those deep furrows that develop between the brows, erase some of those fine lines, or smooth out spots on the skin. The following are some of the cosmetic procedures Silver Spring, MD patients of Atlantis Medical Wellness have chosen.
- Botox: Botox procedures are injections of botulinum toxin. These are fairly affordable, require no recovery time, and have hardly any risks. Botox is very effective at providing temporary smoothing of the skin on the brow, face, and neck.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels are used to treat age spots, discolorations, wrinkles, superficial scarring, and any precancerous skin growths. When this Silver Spring, MD cosmetic procedure is done, a glycolic, salicylic, or trichloroacetic acid is applied to the skin. The acid dissolves the skin cells, thus removing the top layer.
- Laser therapy: For moderate to deep wrinkles and lines, many patients choose laser therapy. This type of procedure can also significantly improve the skin’s texture, tone, and tightness. Laser therapy can also be used to successfully treat conditions like pigmented birthmarks, port-wine stains, and spider veins because of the ability of the laser to target specific types of cells in distinct skin layers. Laser therapy is also successful at erasing scars, such as those caused by acne.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion involves sanding areas with aluminum hydroxide crystals in order to create smoother skin. There is no recovery time needed for this procedure.
- Microneedling: Microneedling involves the application of a battery-operated or electric instrument that contains small, thin, sharp needles to the skin. These needles cause tiny injuries that stimulate the production of elastin and collagen. Ascorbic acid, hyaluronic acid, or other therapeutic substance is often applied either before or after the procedure in order for the acid to penetrate deeply into the skin. Despite its name, the procedure is not as painful as it may sound, and it is also fairly risk-free.
- Soft tissue fillers: Soft tissue fillers are injected into the skin in order to diminish acne or scars, improve jawline, add height to cheekbones, fill fine vertical lines, add fullness to eyes and cheeks, and resculpt lips. There are two different types of fillers that can be used. One type of filler is eventually absorbed by the skin, such as hyaluronic acid. The second type of filler contains tiny beads of material suspended in gel. The gel is eventually absorbed by the body over time and the beads encourage collagen growth.
If you would like to learn what the best option for cosmetic procedures in Silver Spring, MD that would work best for the skin concerns you have, call Atlantis Medical Wellness today.
Choosing a surgeon
It is important to choose a surgeon who is qualified and accredited by a professional board, such as the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
What should you know before selecting a surgeon?
You want a doctor who is highly skilled in the procedure you are considering, and you should have a trusting relationship with that physician. We believe one of the best ways to identify a well-trained surgeon is to ask about board certification. If that physician is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, you know that doctor has passed rigorous exams and has a better chance of being well-trained. At Atlantis Medical Wellness Center, our physicians are professionals who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
What about cosmetic surgery overseas?
Patients will be attracted to the idea of leaving the country to have a medical procedure because it is much less expensive. We see patients who have had procedures overseas and come to us after experiencing a poor result. There are a few things to consider before you opt for a procedure overseas. Do you know whether that surgeon is well-trained? How safe is the surgery center? And how easy will it be for you to go back to that doctor if you experience complications? An overseas experience makes the relationship with the physician much more challenging.
Tips when considering cosmetic surgery.
People who are considering cosmetic surgery need to weigh up the options carefully before going ahead.
Here are some tips:
- Choose a reputable surgeon and checking their credentials.
- After obtaining the surgeon’s opinion, make your own decisions, and resist being persuaded to opt for something you did not previously want.
- Get full information about the procedure and weigh up all the pros and cons beforehand.
- Be aware of any risks and limitations, for example, will this need redoing in 6 months?
- Choose the right moment, avoiding, for example, the time around a stressful event, such as changing jobs, bereavement, having a baby, or moving house.
- Never seek cosmetic surgery to please or impress anyone else.
- Do not travel too far for treatment, or if travel is necessary, ensure the arrangements are reliable, especially if opting for surgery abroad.
- Beware of non-refundable deposits and be prepared to change your mind.
Cosmetic Surgery Complications
Any surgery has a risk of complications.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons urges people to seek medical attention at once if they notice any of the following symptoms during or shortly after surgery:
- unusual pain
- visual disturbances
- white skin near an injection site
- signs of stroke
Any decision to go ahead with cosmetic surgery should first be discussed with a primary health care provider, such as a family doctor.
“I have been going to see Dr. G for 10 years. Dr. G is amazing, super knowledgeable and an complete artist with his work. In addition I have referred a number of clients to his Medi Spa all have been 100% happy and of course look 1000% Better, younger, happier and are healthier! Make your appointment and enjoy your new self.”