CO2 Laser Resurfacing in Maryland, DC and Virginia
What if we told you we have a procedure that can help just about anyone suffering from various skin conditions? CO2 laser resurfacing is a great way to reduce lines, lift wrinkles, and fade scars.
CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing at Atlantis
C02 Laser Skin Resurfacing is an excellent choice for removing damage to skin due to sun, discoloration, wrinkles, fine lines, and also for improving mild to severe acne scarring. Other benefits include improvement in skin tone and texture, pore size, and skin tightening, without the usual downtime. The technique directs short, concentrated pulsating beams of light at irregular skin, precisely removing skin layer by layer.
Our Medical Esthetician will conduct a comprehensive examination of your skin to determine if you’re a good candidate for CO2 laser resurfacing.
Who is a Candidate for CO2 Laser Resurfacing?
Good candidates will usually have the following skin characteristics:
- Fine lines or wrinkles around the eyes, mouth, or forehead
- Shallow scars from acne
- Non-responsive skin after a facelift
CO2 laser resurfacing isn’t recommended for the following skin types:
- Skin with dark pigments which could experience hyperpigmentation
- Skin with active acne that could experience further irritation
- Skin with stretch marks
Qualified candidates will undergo a series of laser treatments to parts of the face requiring treatment. If desired, we can treat your entire face. Remember, no two individuals have the same skin type—make an appointment with our team to determine what skin care treatments and regimen is most appropriate for you!
Benefits of CO2 Laser Resurfacing in Maryland
CO2 laser skin resurfacing offers many benefits:
- Fewer lines and wrinkles—After your CO2 laser resurfacing treatment, you’ll notice fewer lines and wrinkles in areas like your forehead, around your mouth, and around your eyes. The laser works to remove several layers of dry skin and reveal a healthy glow.
- An even complexion—Candidates who suffer from acne marks and scars will notice an improvement in their discolorations. If you had bad acne as a teenager or young adult and are now left with unsightly scars, give CO2 laser resurfacing a chance!
- Softer, brighter skin—Because a CO2 laser resurfacing treatment removes several layers of skin, it will reveal a new and healthier complexion.
Still not sure if CO2 laser resurfacing is for you? Not a problem! Come in for a consultation with our medical esthetician. Even if you don’t choose CO2 laser resurfacing, we have a variety of treatments for all sorts of skin issues. We’ll work with you to develop an appropriate skin treatment that is effective and safe. At Atlantis, you’re guaranteed a customized experience based on your needs and concerns. Don’t wait, contact us today!