Popular Treatments the Best Menopause Doctor in Bethesda, Maryland Offers
Menopause can be an especially trying time if you’ve got symptoms that are spiraling out of control.
The time to stop suffering is today! Take control of your health and schedule an appointment with the best menopause doctor in Bethesda, Maryland to discuss these treatments.
Menopause Specialists Offer Hormone Replacement Therapy
Hormone replacement therapy, or HRT, is one of the most popular treatments for menopause. It works by balancing your hormones. With a proper health evaluation and the right HRT, it can also help prevent certain diseases.
Your hormones are messengers that communicate with your body. When they are unbalanced, you can experience symptoms such as hot flashes, difficulty sleeping, changes in weight, thinning hair, and dry skin. HRT relieves these symptoms and more by restoring hormonal balance.
Common HRT options include:
- DHEA Therapy: DHEA is naturally occurring in your body, and it’s critical to hormone building. It’s also essential for your bone health, cancer prevention, metabolism, heart health, and overall health. As you age, as with many other things in your body, DHEA starts to decrease.
Before receiving DHEA therapy, your current DHEA levels will be tested, and only when the results are in can you receive customized treatment. Consistent monitoring will ensure you are getting exactly the therapy you need for optimal health.
- Estrogen Therapy: Often, sexual dysfunction accompanies menopause. This can be troubling for women and can impact not only intimate relationships but self-esteem as well. Vaginal estrogen therapy can help.
Vaginal estrogen therapy relieves symptoms such as vaginal dryness and discomfort during sex. In some cases, it can also relieve urinary incontinence issues. This type of therapy is typically administered through a cream, ring, or oral medication.
- Growth Hormone (GH) Therapy: This is a peptide hormone that also occurs naturally in your body, and as like DHEA, it decreases as you get older. Benefits from growth hormone therapy include weight loss, improved mood, increase in libido, better sleep, and increased memory / mental clarity.
When your pituitary gland slows down in the production of growth hormones you might notice poor skin health, a decrease in energy, weight gain, and / or insomnia. These are just a few of the symptoms you should discuss with the best menopause doctor in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: Many patients don’t realize that testosterone plays an important role in women’s health. It plays a large part in your ability to build muscle mass, maintain a healthy weight, and proper blood levels.
You will need to have your hormone levels checked before you can receive testosterone or any other hormone treatment. You should never start taking testosterone without first having a full functional lab evaluation from a qualified menopause doctor.
- Thyroid Optimization and Therapy: Have you been told, “It’s just your thyroid,” when you’ve gained weight and then multiple supplements are suggested to lose those extra pounds? Well-meaning friends are sometimes wrong with their advice. The truth is thyroid optimization is absolutely possible, but only with the care of a doctor.
Your thyroid works with other hormones in your body to keep you healthy. Without a proper diagnosis, you might end up without the balanced care you need. Simply put, thyroid optimization helps you age better.
They Also Offer Services to Support a Healthy Lifestyle
As you age, your body changes. No more late-night partying or binge eating ice cream without consequences! Many women struggle with exchanging habits with healthier ones, and that’s normal.
Your menopause doctor can help you with resources for nutrition exercise (cardiovascular and weight training), and even quitting smoking if needed. Vitamin levels can be checked to find out if you are deficient and need supplements or adjustments to your diet.
Skin health during menopause is also critical. For expert advice, you can ask your menopause doctor about the best products or treatments to help you maintain healthy skin.
If turning back the clock on the aging process is of interest, you might also be interested in aesthetic procedures such as Botox, dermal fillers, or body contouring. Again, your menopause doctor will have the inside track on experts who will make sure you achieve amazing results.
Hair loss can occur during menopause, and it can be devastating. Not only can your menopause doctor help with the hot flashes and weight gain, but they can also recommend hair restoration treatment that works. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy and certain supplements can help you grow healthy, full hair.
End You Search for the Best Menopause Doctor in Bethesda, Maryland – Call Atlantis Medical Wellness & Weight Loss Now!
We believe that optimal wellness can only be achieved with medical care that is tailored to fit your specific needs. That’s why the team at Atlantis Medical Wellness & Weight Loss provides only the highest quality functional medicine care for all our patients.
Menopause treatment isn’t a one-size-fits-all process, and our approach is different from most providers. We don’t just treat symptoms. We treat you as a whole person and focus on getting to the root of your problem.
Our medical director Dr. Benjamin González has an honest approach that our patients appreciate. His goal is to help you live your best, happiest, and healthiest life through holistic options that include nutrition, exercise, and wellbeing. You’ll see his medical advice works because he practices what he preaches!
If you are experiencing menopause symptoms, seek help today. Contact us at 301-658-7686 to book your appointment. Thank you for choosing us as your partners on this incredible journey to wellness!