Suffer from migraines? Believe it or not, you’re in luck! The FDA recently approved Botox for migraines. Whether you suffer from these debilitating headaches or are looking for a non-invasive way to look youthful, Botox might be worth trying! If you’re in the Maryland area, Atlantis Medical Wellness Center can administer Botox for migraine pain relief.
Botox for Migraines: How It Works
If you’re one of the 12 percent who suffers from chronic migraines, you know how painful these headaches are. Now, the procedure known for smoothing out facial lines can help with your headaches! When used cosmetically, Botox paralyzes the wrinkle-causing muscles in your face—this refines those unsightly lines on your forehead or around your eyes. Botox for migraines functions the same way—this time paralyzing the muscles that give you a headache! Doctors administer Botox injections to the hairline, parts of the temple, and areas in the neck to paralyze these headache-causing muscles. You’ll need treatments about every 12 weeks for noticeable results.
Botox for Migraines: How to Know if You’re a Candidate
So, how do you know if you should try Botox for your migraines? If you’re still not sure about this new treatment, consider these factors before you say yay or nay:
- You have more than 14 headache days a month
- If you get an occasional bad headache, chances are Botox won’t work for you. But if you spend more time suffering from a migraine then you do going to work and living your life, you might benefit from this treatment.
- Conventional treatments don’t work
- There are a ton of migraine treatments out there—and still plenty of people have difficulty managing their migraine symptoms. If you’ve tried multiple prescriptions, changes in diet, sleep, and other lifestyle modifications and still aren’t getting any relief, think about Botox for your migraines.
- You’ve used Botox before
- If you’ve used or currently use Botox treatments for unwanted facial lines, you might be a great candidate for this procedure. Studies show if you’ve had positive results with Botox before, you’re more likely to benefit from Botox for migraines.
Still not sure about using Botox for your migraines? Not to worry! Call us with any questions or concerns. We’d be happy to answer all your inquiries—and help you schedule an appointment!