Best Dietitian or Nutritionist in Rockville
How to Find the Best Dietitian or Nutritionist in Rockville, Maryland: Your Quick Guide
Your lifestyle has a profound effect on your health, especially your diet. Most people don’t know their nutritional or dietary needs.
If you’re part of that majority, here are some tips on how to find the best dietitian or nutritionist in Rockville, Maryland to maximize your health!
What Is the Difference Between a Nutritionist and Dietitian?
While these terms are often used interchangeably and can be used in conjunction, there is actually a difference between nutritionists and dietitians. In fact, there are a few differences. They’re both experts in food and its impact on health, but they hold their own unique traits.
A dietitian is a professional in the field of food and nutrition. Typically, they’re certified with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. They’re often used to treat specific health conditions, like eating disorders, diabetes, and more. They work in many types of settings such as hospitals, dialysis centers, and outpatient clinics.
A nutritionist is a term used for individuals with an extensive range of credentials, education, and specialties. In many states, certain certifications are required before you can call yourself a nutritionist, such as Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS) or Certified Ketogenic Nutrition Specialist.
Similar to a dietitian, nutritionists can also be found in several settings, from hospitals to clinics to even government positions. Nutritionists also provide assistance with diet and nutrition relating to a medical condition, as well as general advice regarding weight loss, healthy eating, and more.
Why Would I Benefit From Having a Nutritionist or Dietitian?
There are many benefits of consulting with a nutritionist or dietitian. In fact, the majority of humans could benefit from a consultation with one, as most of us don’t recognize our own nutritional needs.
If you’re struggling with weight loss, fatigue, or medical conditions like diabetes, celiac disease, or cancer, meeting with a board-certified nutritionist or dietitian can be a significant help to your health and goals regarding it.
Ultimately, there’s no reason to not see one of these health professionals for clarity on your health and how your lifestyle, especially diet, affects it.
What Are Some Tips on How to Find the Best Dietitian or Nutritionist in Rockville, Maryland?
If you’re wondering how to find the best dietitian or nutritionist in Rockville, Maryland, it’s actually pretty easy. It becomes even easier with the following tips.
- Ask if they have any specialties, such as education and training in ketogenic diets and similar.
- Book a consultation with a nutritionist or dietitian you’re interested in to get a feel for their personality, what methods they use, if they personalize programs, and whether they can help you with your specific concerns.
- Consider your personal goals beforehand. Are you trying to lose weight, improve a medical condition, or simply better your health? Or perhpas a combination? Your goals are an important driving force.
- Get a referral from your primary care provider or other healthcare professional.
- Take a look at their credentials. Make sure that they’re board certified and have received extensive education and training. Continued education is also important.
- Trust your gut. If you don’t feel comfortable with a provider and aren’t seeing any benefit from their programs, you are absolutely free to find someone who can better serve you.
Take Control of Your Health With the Best Nutritionist Today at Atlantis Medical Wellness & Weight Loss Center!
Our expert nutritionist, Cari Verde, is here to help you reclaim your health and reach your goals with personalized nutrition plans! We’re committed to helping you feel, look, and be better with continuous support and education.
Contact us at 301-658-7686 to schedule your consultation with the top nutritionist near Rockville!