Advanced Hormone Evaluation and Replacement Course
June 16th, 2017 – June 17th, 2017
June 16th, 2016 | 1:00pm – 5:30pm
6:00 – 8:30 pm Happy Hour and Dinner, Location TBD
June 17th, 2016 | 8:00am – 5:00pm
5:00 – 6:15 pm 75 minutes for post seminar evaluation/questions
This course is for physicians practicing hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
who want to learn how to go beyond the basics of HRT.
In this course, we will review the following:
- Discussion of Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal axis and the thyroid-adrenal-pancreas connection in the role of low gonadal hormone levels in both men and women
- Introduction to evidence-based supplement use in hormone support
- Discussion of HRT and patients with multiple co-morbidities
- What to do when your patient does not respond to traditional HRT
- Getting to the root cause of a hormone issue
- Discuss hormone replacement differences in men and women (e.g. DHEA)
- Discuss legal issues with HRT
- Review updated literature in HRT
- Review endocrine system basics
- Discuss optimizing adrenal health
- Understand the thyroid role beyond weight and how it interacts with estrogen, cortisol and cholesterol
- Emphasis on thyroid disease and function
- Emphasis on diabetes, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome and adrenal health
- Review Vitamin D role as a hormone
- Discuss estrogen dominance
- Review testosterone role in women and men
- Review and discuss laboratory interpretation parameters
- Discuss nutrition and supplementation myths
About the Instructor
I am the founder and medical director of Atlantis Medical Wellness Center. I look for solutions…this is what I do. Solutions to problems that you can’t seem to get solved through traditional medical approaches or channels.
I am a medical physician trained at the University of Arizona, College of Medicine, with an extensive background in nutrition, emergency medicine, trauma, sports medicine, genetics, toxicology and hormone evaluation.
After years of taking care of people in the emergent setting, I’ve learned that most emergencies can be prevented and this is the crux of how I practice. From the preventative approach, – the functional medicine approach – I evaluate you as a unique individual with unique problems that require a thorough approach to your evaluation and care.
I believe that nutrition and medicine are closely linked in the treatment of all problems. I believe that weight loss is not about exercising more and eating less. It is about understanding where the metabolic issues are, and fixing those issues to allow for long term success.
I teach other physicians how to manage metabolism, how to manage hormones as you age, how to fix medical programs at the root of the issue, and I teach physicians how to use nutrition in combination with medications to heal. I teach physicians how to get people – how to get you – off medications safely and effectively. I practice functional medicine.
At Atlantis Medical Wellness Center we teach you to maximize who you are by improving your health through a functional medicine approach. I practice healing and preventative-oriented medicine. I am dedicated to providing the latest and most advanced aesthetic and wellness services while offering customized solutions for all ages.