Medical Weight Loss Programs in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC
We approach all patients from an integrative and functional medicine approach to health. Whether it is for weight loss, hormone replacement, or preparation for an aesthetic procedure, we want an optimal outcome that is long lasting.
PHILOSOPHY: We firmly believe that “diets” fail the general public. We believe diets contribute to overweight issues. We do not believe the word “FAT” should be thought of in negative terms. We believe OPTIMAL HEALTH at an age and any size. Period. We firmly believe the Body-Mass Index (BMI) Charts are nearly worthless and do not reflect your overall health. We focus on your overall functional physiology and health. We believe internal inflammation is the root cause of most disease and premature aging. We focus on decreasing your risk for disease by coming up with a plan WITH you, not for you. In other words, we will not dictate to you what to do, rather we will work with you to identify health issues and find ways to eliminate those issues.
It turns out if we focus on your health rather than your weight; “weight loss” becomes a good side effect rather than a focus. This results in improved long-term success.
APPROACH: Any and all metabolism improvement programs begin with a health history and an initial health assessment of a full functional metabolic laboratory panel. We do not treat lab results or numbers. Rather we look at how you are feeling, what your current lifestyles, likes and dislikes are, and correlate that with your laboratory results. We come up with a plan to optimize your results. Please Review Dr. Gonzalez’s note titled “Everything is Normal.”
We then look at your specific goals and come up with an individualized plan to allow for long term success. ALL our plans focus on your long term success. We have specific tools such as the hCG Protocol or meal replacement programs that help individuals improve metabolism safely and rapidly. But these tools are not for everybody and may not apply to you. We have a very high success rate in the most difficult situations.
We do not bill insurance. We support Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Federal Savings Accounts (FSA). We do write Medical Letters of Necessity you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. Many health insurance plans support wellness and weight management programs.
WHAT TO DO NOW: Call 301-622-2722 to make an initial 15-minute telephone consultation appointment with our medical specialist. At the same time there will be an initial evaluation and discussion of options for the next step. The charge is $25 for the call. Well worth it.
Our Weight Loss Treatments
- hCG Weight Loss Program—What if there was a way to burn pure body fat, shed over a pound of weight a day, and curb your hunger? What used to sound too good to be true is finally a reality. The revolutionary hCG weight loss protocol uses the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin hormone to satiate hunger and burn fat. On this weight loss treatment, you could lose over a pound a day! Schedule an appointment today to reap the benefits and feel the rewards.
- Atlantis TR90 Weight Loss System—The focus of this program is to redefine your body composition by promoting more lean muscle maintenance through an innovative meal plan and supplements, shifting the balance and making it easier to achieve your goals.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy—You’ve heard it before, and you’ll hear it again–you are what you eat! We wholeheartedly believe that nutrition, overall health, and weight loss go hand in hand. We can help you design a nutritional plan you can follow every day. Under our nutritional guidance you’ll lose weight, look better, and feel energized!
- Supplements—We offer a variety of nutritional supplements for weight loss.For instance, our Control Bars can manage blood sugar levels for an unprecedented nine hours, making them perfect for patients on the go! Products like LifePak and g3 are supplements you can also use with your weight loss treatment.
- Antioxidant Testing—This two minute, no-needle test checks your antioxidant levels. While there’s no direct correlation between antioxidants and weight loss, eating foods like fruits and vegetables, which are rich in antioxidants, do promote weight loss!